Lower seats for a 350z

rasco

I've heard mixed feedback on the cloth seats, so was not sure. Some have said that they're no lower, so I wrote off that idea. Jetpilot, how much lower did you end up sitting? Marginal or really noticeable? Does it have to be the JDM version, or would the non-GT pack UK seats also work? I'd be well up for going for the cloth seats, if I could be guaranteed they sit low....

Jeff, thanks for the feedback on your Bride seat combo. I'd be looking at reclining aftermarket seats though as I'm quite a fat b*****d (6'2", 17 stone) so buckets are a no-no.Do you think the reclining versions would sit at a similar level?

Thanks all for your help :)

I've heard mixed feedback on the cloth seats, so was not sure. Some have said that they're no lower, so I wrote off that idea. Jetpilot, how much lower did you end up sitting? Marginal or really noticeable? Does it have to be the JDM version, or would the non-GT pack UK seats also work? I'd be well up for going for the cloth seats, if I could be guaranteed they sit low....

Jeff, thanks for the feedback on your Bride seat combo. I'd be looking at reclining aftermarket seats though as I'm quite a fat b*****d (6'2", 17 stone) so buckets are a no-no.Do you think the reclining versions would sit at a similar level?

I would imagine the reclining seats would sit higher. Only mine are side mounted while the reclining seats are normally bottom mounted

I would imagine the reclining seats would sit higher. Only mine are side mounted while the reclining seats are normally bottom mounted

Yep this is what I'm finding. A side mounted bucket seat, in size fatty (XL) I'm told will not fit in the Z due to the shoulders. Worried that bottom mount recliner will be too tall. Maybe it would be OK if I don't bother with sliders?