Cosworth Plenum Blog

TDI

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm thats real bad if they say it like that, again if I went out and bought it and did a pre dyno and an after dyno it would not be believed in.. since I'm not a member for very long here and not on a proven dyno B)

The words in bold has nothing to do with the fact of whether its believable or not. We are not a fraternity its an open forum and treat everyone equally, hence why its free to be a member, cos its open to all. And all opinions are taken in to considerations whether you are new or old, we are all equal, except Louis who suffers from hiding in the closet and Sarnie who has little big man syndrome :lol:

If you buy because of its looks and for name sake to have cosworth under your bonnet then good on ya. Its a shame that the person previously who was selling claimed and estimated output without one shred of evidence to back it up. The majority of people would like some evidence into the claimed 24bhp increase in order to entice them into a sale. But for someone to turn around and say well buy it first then see for yourself, is not the kind of truth or dare game most of us wish to play especially at that price.

By all means if you do a dyno test on this and post it on here, Im sure all of us would be interested to see the gains if any and can make our decision from there. ;)

:lol: (at the bold statement point)

Also if this person tried selling it saying 24hp, put the buck where the mouth is. If I was 100% sure that a car (std) would get to 24hp -+ 7 with the kit. I'd offer money back if it didn't... :thumbs:

Just as a quick hunch I'd say it would give about 10-15 hp, we will just have to wait and see :thumbs:

(not sure it will be sooner, just blew the engine on one of my bikes... :headhurt: )

Wasnt there a post by TDi where they said they'd seen gains of only a few BHP? I seem to remember them eventually saying that they didnt think it was worth it. And also that the plenum is more useful for FI applications where it gets those bigger increases? I could be just imagining it, but I'm sure thats what they said.

andlid: As Zedrush said, its nothing against you, but we have been around a while and know what mods give what gains. If someone comes along with something new with gains we havent seen before then we are sceptical. Its nothing against you personally, just that the gains are more than we expect. Hence my comment on the dyno they used. If I came one saying I've just had my car reflashed and am getting +50BHP from a filter and plenum spacer, would you beleive me? I wouldnt beleive myself :lol::headhurt:

Sure my tuner didn't believe it either! :thumbs:

:lol:

IIRC it was posted that there was just a couple of BHP gain. The biggest disappointment was the build quality of the final items. The original looked stunning, but the production items really did not look the part. :)

mmm that sounds a bit sheit... well waiting for my low quote :D