EML linked to slip / VDC light?

88 Zed

Hi all, I have a 2002 JDM import and my EML / VCD and slip light are making an apperence every now and then.

Plugged it into the snap-on modus in work and got the following

P0350- Ignition coil primary circuit problem. (In engine managment)

C1109- battery voltage out of range. ( in ABS)

C1130- Engine 1 fuel cut system fault (in ABS)

Obviously there is a problem with one of the coils, but as the problem isn't constant (yet) I can't pin point exactly which one is at fault. I haven't got the cash to splash out on all 6 coils at the moment.

My question is, will the faulty coil bring up faults in the ABS/ VDS system? I've drop tested the battery and tested the altanator charging rate etc and that's all fine. All 3 lights come on symbultainiously, cycle the ignition and only the EML remains (until I reset it with a scanner)

Any pointers will be much appreciated!

Best to delete all the codes and start with a clean slate as some of the DTCs may be archived.

If the fault is a coil pack then I would have thought that you would have a miss fire.

Not just a case of a heavy right foot causing the lights ?

How are your tyres and sizes ?

Hi, yea I have erased everything and re scanned once they re appeared, same codes come back. I cant feel a misfire and all the data I can read from the scanner suggests that it's not misfiring (at least when I've been monitoring it anyway).

My plan was to let it fail compleatly so I can find the faulty coil but it's thrown me off a bit with these codes from the ABS module.

The codes have re appeared in slow moving traffic so I don't think it's due to any loss of traction although I have had issues with it interfering at speeds I wouldn't have thought it should be.

225/45/18 Toyo proxys on the front and 245/45/18 kumho's on the rear with wheel spacers and lowering springs.

I know this would cause over sensitive traction controll but it's never flagged a light up before, just been annoying.

Both tyres have plenty of tread left.

Now the alarm has gone off twice today....its got all the signs of a bad battery

Same codes all appearing at once, while stationary (just started)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by 88 Zed