Reversed Wiper Washer Jets??

MiddletoM

Hi all,

My washers operate back to front, when I pull the stalk towards me the rear washer jets are activated, when I push the stalk away from me the front ones operate.

Am I right in assuming it may just be a case of swapping the washer lines over? Can someone point out where they are located?

I have no idea how this could have come about, I assume someone’s pratted about with them and mixed up the lines on reassembly and not noticed/put up with it.

Thanks

been researching and I think I just need to get to the pumps behind the drivers arch then swap round the pipes. though I suppose it could be the electrical connectors which are muddled, I guess I will need to see which way I need to pull the stalk to activate the headlight jets.

If the pumps are correct, they are fail safe against being plugged in wrongly hence I think it will mostly be the pipes. You should be able to get to your pump by doing a full lock (left), removing 2 x M10 bolts just under the arch, The plastic arch is soft and flexi enough for you to just bend it to gain access to your pump. Both front and rear pump are next to each other.

ah brilliant, hopefully it will just be a case of swapping over the pipes. I have no idea why the previous owner put up with this. :S Thanks for the info! any job that can be done without jacking the car up is an easy one. :D