Wiring help

Gus-350z

Hi guys! Just taken the aftermarket stereo out of the zed (see my for sale post :thumbs: ) and I found a small bit of "twist and tape" behind, and some of the wiring (to me) looks aftermarket (maybe new speakers or something).

Just wondering if any of you ice guys on here that are more familiar with the stock wiring than I am can see what has been chopped/changed back here?

IMG_3067_zpsqfjmgrs3.jpg

IMG_3068_zpsanoebwjc.jpg

IMG_3069_zpshgkvddsv.jpg

IMG_3070_zpshc0woeqo.jpg

IMG_3071_zpsqpcnlsdi.jpg

Thank you! :teeth:

Looks like the speaker wires have been replaced to me - not that I have played with the radios in a Zed for a few years.

Buster can prolly confirm if I am right or not.

• Like 1

So is the black iso connector aftermarket? And does it therefore render the fat white female plug useless? It appears that all the connections of the black iso plug (top left in the first picture) are also present on the old white plug (I assume the old white plug is for the old Bose unit)? So when I get a new unit, will I just need the unit specific iso adapter?

Sorry, talking to myself/thinking out loud here... I reckon the previous owner just wired his headunit straight to the speakers instead of via the amp, maybe he had issues with the amp... So am I right in thinking that I shouldn't see any direct speaker cables behind the stereo because the connections (from the standard three Bose plugs) go to the amp and from there to the speakers.. In which case, is it going to be a case of taking the door cards out and reconnecting the original wiring from the amp to the speakers again if I just want to run a new headunit (done properly) through the amp? (Assuming the p/o left the wiring in) cheers for your help guys

Okay so I've taken the door card out to have a look what is going on, it's clear that the p/o just wired the headunit straight into the speakers bypassing the amp etc. Could anyone offer any advice as to how I can return this back to stock, specifically what has happened with the wiring WRT the tweeters and pass filter? Ideally if anyone has any pictures lying around of the inside of the door card as standard so I can just compare to see what is going on

Cheers guys

(Here's what it looks like)

IMG_3076_zpstmdzloi2.jpg

IMG_3077_zpswybvjcfr.jpg

IMG_3078_zps4eg0tpov.jpg

IMG_3079_zps2m9wxf9i.jpg