Exhaust clearence

Nate

Debating on getting a new exhaust at some point and was wondering which exhausts have the best ground clearence. Was looking at a few last night at the MK meet and it seems a lot of them run similar route/height to the standard exhaust (which I currently catch more often than I'd like to). Anyone else running pretty low & has some feedback on which exhausts to go for/avoid? I.E brands or single exit/true dual etc. Debating going and getting one custom made just to get it to sit as high as possible to be honest.

Edited by Nate

Couldn't make the mk meet unfortunately which is a shame because Ive lowered it a little- tien springs- and am running an ark grip. It does scrape on some speed bumps but generally it's been fine, I Guess it depends how low you are!

Couldn't make the mk meet unfortunately which is a shame because Ive lowered it a little- tien springs- and am running an ark grip. It does scrape on some speed bumps but generally it's been fine, I Guess it depends how low you are!

Yeah that's a shame! Mine is on coils, quite a lot lower than springs would go I imagine. Would be interested to see the clearance on on ARK though for sure.

Here is an (bad, facebook compressed) image for ref.

13646888_10206472942324193_1863127503_o.jpg

Edited by Nate

To illustrate ground clearance for you Nate ~ My old Zed on standard OEM suspension with an Invidia Gemini exhaust system. ;)

49_zpsac896646.jpg

Hope that helps. :thumbs:

I'm not 100% on the layout/routing of the true dual exhaust. Would you guys say in general that the invidia/ARK have better or worse clearance than an OEM/scorpion etc?

Edited by Nate

I'm not 100% on the layout/routing of the true dual exhaust. Would you guys say in general that the invidia/ARK have better or worse clearance than an OEM/scorpion etc?

No idea I'm afraid.

Try a PM to Mitz at the Cougar Store as I know he's probably seen both (Invidia & standard) fitted to the 350Z so may be able to tell you about any clearance issues.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/94-cougar-store/

Tbh I'd imagine there is nothing in it (maybe slightly wider pipes). :shrug:;)

Not the best photos mate but here are a few of mine.

aeed6449504fa4d8b21951a4029534fe.jpg

6576d745339c7fed7f9edd35ae5a2db6.jpg

I think the ark sits quite low.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate, between you and Mitz I'm pretty certain that true duals are lower than standard style exhaust. Will go speak to some custom places & see what they can do!