EXHAUST QUESTIONS/ISSUES

LH350Z

Hi all i have an '03 350ZGT. It has an oem y pipe back fairly new K1 exhaust fitted by the previous owner which i am not a fan of (too loud at cruise even with the bungs in and don't like the Jap can rear look either).

Anyway issue is oem y pipe is blowing on both flexis so needs to be replaced. My plan is to return the system to oem for the time being i have picked up a full oem system via the forum from a 350GT (y pipe, centre section, back box) mainly just to get a good cond oem back box.

The y pipe off the 350GT looks like it will fit but is a completly different shape to the oem part and does not have a heat shield Looking under the Z it seems to be the same overall length. Question is are there any issues fitting a y pipe with no heat shield? All after market items don't seem to have them but surely Nissan fitted them for a reason? I don't want cabin temps to increase.

i need to get an oem centre section. You think why not just get a whole aftermarket exhaust system but i want to just see how i find the oem setup first and deal with some servicig items too. Any thoughts appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...