Grey 370z - Isle of Wight

josh2005

What's the Island like Josh, thinking of spending a few days there. Which is the best area to look to stay. I remember a school trip years ago to Shanklin. I understand if you take your car over, then it doesn't take long to see it all. :)

• Like 1

It's good, if you do a Friday - Sunday/Monday you'd be able to see the majority, lots of nice pubs over here, roads aren't fantastic but gradually getting resurfaced, Military Road has to be driven just for the view.

Shanklin is a good shout to stay at, Sandown isn't so great these days. New Premier inn in lake is worth a look I've heard its quite cheap to stay there and its a good location. Let me know if any other questions!

• Like 1

Red Funnel are generally cheaper (Southampton to east cowes).

Wightlink do Portsmouth to Fishbourne and Lymington to Yarmouth. Whichever company you use be sure to request to be on the lower deck when you turn up to the terminal, I made the mistake of not and bottomed my old 350z out on a ferry!

• Like 1