Conor's Sparkling Graphite BMW E92 330d M Sport |

CPhillips93

Your need to code the new battery ASAP or else your soon see random errors.

Its not hard once you get INAP and WinKFP working and installed on your laptop. Its a faff getting it all to install properly, bu well worth the effort, once installed it lets you do dealer level software changes/diagnostics from the comfort of your own driveway.

I can send you the USB cable I use to use if you PM and cover the postage.

Edited by gangzoom

Your need to code the new battery ASAP or else your soon see random errors.

Its not hard once you get INAP and WinKFP working and installed on your laptop. Its a faff getting it all to install properly, bu well worth the effort, once installed it lets you do dealer level software changes/diagnostics from the comfort of your own driveway.

I can send you the USB cable I use to use if you PM and cover the postage.

A lot of people don't bother coding a new battery as long as the replacement is the same spec as the old, I did mine as I have carly for BMW. Not heard of anyone having problems from not coding though.

In theory, the only issue you'll get is that the battery won't last anywhere near as long as the car will constantly be trying to overcharge it.

I'd always, always code a new battery as soon as possible.

It took me one afternoon to download, install all the needed software. WinKFP lets you do so much I don't see any reason not to install it.

Don't worry guys I have re-coded the battery to the car using Toolset 32 :thumbs:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

UPDATE

So after a right struggle, I have finally managed to get the garage I bought the car from to cough up and fix the shocks on my 330.

In the end, I found myself chasing the salesman pretty much every day, until I had a quick search on Citizen's Advice Bureau and came across this - https://www.citizens...ith-a-used-car/

Essentially, under the Consumer Rights Act, if the car is found to be faulty within six months of buying it from a trader, you are entitled to a refund. If it is within one month, you are entitled to take it back for a refund. In the end, I was getting so fed up of chasing the garage to request this that I sent them a letter (a good precedent is available from CAB here - https://www.citizens...t-faulty-goods/).

And within a day of sending the letter I had a voicemail from the salesman, asking to give him a call back. I called him back and he ended up agreeing to fixing the car (he did try to argue that I didn't need to replace all four shocks, but I took the car to another garage who confirmed that I did!).

So I dropped the car into JMW in Truro this Tuesday and after a bit of arguing about how the salesman wanted to pay for the repairs, I picked the car upon Wednesday all fixed. Much better, particularly as I didn't pay a penny towards it :yahoo:

Anyways, I thought I would post my little anecdote about my problems with the garage in case anyone else reading this post is also struggling with a similar issue :thumbs: