Paint depth gauge

Gus-350z

Hi guys - bit of an odd request but I wonder if anyone can help me out...

There is a small patch above my driver side window where it looks as though there used to be a scratch that a previous owner tried to remove using a bit of wet dry or the like so I was wondering if anybody local (Sutton Coldfield in the West Midlands area) has a paint depth pressure gauge we could use for literally 5 mins or so to just check what's left of the clearcoat before I next polish the car.

I feel a bit cheeky asking and I realise that the gauges are expensive (hence why I'm apprehensive to buy one for one small patch, considering I don't do correction for a living or anything) but just wondering if anybody around the west midlands has one and is free next weekend sometime?

Cheers guys!

Can't help with this but thought I'd say hello, nice to see someone local. I'm just up the road in Kingsbury. I thought about getting a paint depth gauge but not being a pro either I guess it would be one of them things I'd only really need once!

I can probably tell you without seeing it if it's been wet sanded probably less than 70 microns on zed.

I'd tread extremely carefully. I tried to wetsand keying out of a zed once. 5 swipes of 1500 grit and I was through

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Mine seems to have a lot of marks in the clearcoat, not sure if it's the quality of the paint or if Azure just shows up marks easily. Considering taking mine to a detailer so they can get the best out of it by using a depth gauge. Might be worth you doing the same but just for the patch that you are concerned about.

Okay guys as promised here's a picture to try and show what's going on...

It looks (to me) as though there was quite a deep scratch at some point which someone has tried to either polish or sand out, so now I'm just trying to work out what's actually left of the paint.. Any ideas?

01101d0fafb3be82e638fb1b730400aaddeeccba71_zpshm2kdqyh.jpg

018c5e8b3b3cf87e71f79f53631823d6712f0c195b_zpszgpsqen5.jpg