Front Wheel Bearing replacement - also any zed owners around Suffolk?

geg1992

Hi all,

My car now needs a front wheel bearing replaced on the left side.

Looking at cougarstore, they quote over £200 just for the part!

The garage I use where my friend works can do it for £200 fitted, inclusive of labour. They say £150 for the part, £50 labour.

I see on ebay, there's a store with 21000 feedback, all 100% positive - Conceptua tuning, who do the part for £120.00. I normally don't trust Ebay but with all that positive feedback...?

Any other recommendations? I was hoping to source the part for under £100 but I guess that's unrealistic.

On a side note - any zed owners in Suffolk? I'd like someone to look at my car or compare mine to theirs, as the whole gearbox / flywheel doesn't sound like it should to me, but I've not heard another zed to compare it to.

thanks for any help!

NTN will be stamped on the bearing in very small print.

Your ebay listing is vague and offers no info on the branding:

Item specifics

Condition:

New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is ... Read more Manufacturer Part Number: Varies- OE or OE Quality Model/ Series: 350Z Brand: Varies- OE or OE Quality Manufacturer: Nissan Type: Suspension Intended Use: Modification/ Enhancement

Im in Hertfordshire but I come up to Suffolk and Norfolk every so often.

I had the same problem. Im not sure if you can buy the bearing separately, I bought the hub new from Torqen and changed it myself.

If your changing the hub its a job that can be done with basic tools. From the top of my head a jack, jack stands, socket set, breaker bar, some string to support the brake calliper, a mallet to wack out the hub and torque wrench should do it.

Edited by Mack