Going from Decats to HFCs

GT Driver

So I've recently fitted Berk decats to my car and been having a 'mixed' experience with them.

Sound is absolutely class and one of the reasons I've kept the stock exhaust and just fitted the decats. The sound is like stock below 2.5k rpm - no drone on the motorway. This is great because at least the sound can be contained. I've noticed some torque loss at lower rpm which I was expecting.

The car is otherwise stock bar a stubby aerial.

The issue:

Car absolutely stinks outside, I was expecting this - but not as bad. I also park in an underground carpark and it's pretty nasty. No fumes inside the cabin as long as the windows are up so it's not a leak. My initial worry was how loud it would be but now it's about whether or not I'll attract negative attention from cops for having an overly-fuming car (stuck in traffic or stopping at a checkpoint). Does anyone else have this issue or am I being overly paranoid?

Question:

Would Berk HFCs be much better? (keeping a similar sound but less fumes/smoke)

I'm running Berk test pipes with a Japspeed K4 true dual system, the smell is definately more noticable with test pipes over stock cats but I'm not worried about it. Cops don't seem to care either despite the obvious loud exhaust.

I wouldn't worry buddy

• Like 1