D2 coilovers 2 low on front

Brimstoneboy

Okay im a bit of a nub not really sure what i should do with my front end its way to low for my liking.

When i got the car it was super low all the way round and the lad said it was on adjustables and i could easily raise it with a hours work :angry:.

Well i managed to adjust the back by removing them from the car lots of wd40 wire brush and winding backwards n forwards till i could remove the springs and then take it upto full adjustment ? (i wound the nuts right to the last thread at top). After i did this i could finally get into my garage or small speed bumps without almost ripping my exhaust off, i belive i took it up by 41mm.

The front is a diffrent matter it seems its at full adjustment already i might get 1-2 turns but i dun fancy removing the front to clean em up just to get the last turn , doubt it would gain me anything.

Is there anything i can do to em to gain more play? if not,

Is it possible to just buy the front coilovers or do you have to buy full set ?

Can i run it on a diffrent brand for the front ones or does it wanna be same brand all the way round? (as in is it safe ).

id like to get some new alloys for it maybe bigger than whats on currently Rays 18 .

I know the back has massive spacers on and the previous owner had rolled the achers but with the front alloys filling the front archers i worried larger alloys wont fit unless i do something with the front end

Maybe i missing something and im worry about nothing but some hints , ideas ,experince from some forum members wouldnt go amiss :)

Cheers guys

Stuart

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/79656-all-encompassing-wheel-size-offset-thread/

The above will give you plenty of help with wheel, offset and tyre size.

If your at the max on the coilovers why not just get some lowering springs that suit the height you want, eibach or tein for example (both giving different drop heights) and sell on the coilovers,by far and away the cheapest and easiest option.

• Like 1

Std shocks go pretty cheap and a set of springs (eibachs or teins etc) can be bought 2nd hand for £130 ish quid, say £200 all in and you will easily return that (probably more) on the D2's from someone who wants low or track work.

Or if you want something with more adjustment there is a set of BC's in the for sale adds for £400.

Edited by Jetpilot