Right interval?

H5

I had my last service (P3) done in April last year, at 34779 miles. When do I get it serviced next?

1. 9,000 miles on?

2. 12 months on?

3. When total mileage gets to 45,000 miles?

Am having a brain fade moment over this! :wacko::headhurt::blush:

I used to live just down the road from there. As a dealer they were very good with me and helpful. The mechanics seemed pretty enthuised about the Z as well but I haven't had any work done there so wouldn't want to vouch for them as far as that goes.

They were good as gold with Jay and I when we went down there and even took some photos with us.......... :lol:

Ancaster3.jpg

Result, have booked it in there next Thursday. Providing my own oil and oil filter P1 is £177.

The service guy reckoned my warranty would be void if I had a non-Nissan filter fitted - is this right? I thought as long as it was made for the car it was fine? :blush:

I used to live just down the road from there. As a dealer they were very good with me and helpful. The mechanics seemed pretty enthuised about the Z as well but I haven't had any work done there so wouldn't want to vouch for them as far as that goes.

They were good as gold with Jay and I when we went down there and even took some photos with us.......... :lol:

Ancaster3.jpg

whos who in the pic............... :)

is jay the gay looking one.......... :lol:

Ancaster3.jpg

:lol: Ah memories, will have to do that again, this time get them to hold up the 350z-uk banner, and have a part on this site for trophy rooms like 419 scammers :lol:

Stuey Andy and I are not in the pic, that is of the owners and directors :thumbs:

Guest prescience

The service guy reckoned my warranty would be void if I had a non-Nissan filter fitted - is this right? I thought as long as it was made for the car it was fine? :blush:

Like everything else along these lines, if any fault can be directly attributed to the filter then yes, if not, then no, no way :)

Like everything else along these lines, if any fault can be directly attributed to the filter then yes, if not, then no, no way :)

Thanks. Now I know how and engine works, and I know what an oil filter does - but I am by no means an internal combustion expert. What could happen with an oil filter that would cause a big enough problem?

Thanks. Now I know how and engine works, and I know what an oil filter does - but I am by no means an internal combustion expert. What could happen with an oil filter that would cause a big enough problem?

If it will cost nissan a fortune to fix they will find a way to blame the filter :dry:

Its a bit like running the popcharger etc on mine, my dealer is cool about it regarding the warranty when servicing but I am under no illusions that this may change if I had major warranty issues.

Its a bit like running the popcharger etc on mine, my dealer is cool about it regarding the warranty when servicing but I am under no illusions that this may change if I had major warranty issues.

Well I have changed the air filter on mine, but since it passes the same tests a Nissan one does I figure I am pretty safe on that one. I agree with you though Martin, I would fully expect a ruck regardless, but was wondering if it was a legitimate argument they could make? :wacko:

Our slightly bigger engines at work are pretty straightforward. They are basically branded as Rolls Royce and the standard filters are a little pricey so we use a type approved alternative which is acceptable. As such we still have our warranty cover. Not sure that Nissan could write a specific brand into a warranty come to think of it. Your oil only has to be up to spec after all :)