Pioneer AVH-X2600BT - sat nav problem

C-Fed

Bought the car with this headunit installed. Everything seems to work fine on it bar the satnav add on (comes up as NAVI in the setting)

Problem is I can't get the damn thing to show up on it anymore!

It was fine before.. the guy turned it on and showed me how to make sure it was selected in the settings as an input and it worked the first day I drove the car home but that was the last time it worked. Can't for the life of me figure it out or see it in the menu anymore.

Is there some special trick to getting this to appear back?

Edited by C-Fed

Well I managed to sort it! There was no power going to the little navi box that was hiding under where the gearstick plastic is!

Done the old unplug and plug back in the power went back. Then you just hit "mode". What a pain that has been.

What's the app? Will have a look. Says it needs updating or somthing

The app is called navmii. It's ok but can be a bit "glitchy" like the screen freezing and when you want to change the music you lose the directions and it's sometimes tricky to get back on the screen.

I haven't got a navi box though, never heard of that.

Sometimes I just use my phone for directions as it's quicker!

It comes under "navi" in device connection.

It's an actual add on for the headunit apparently. Wired in.

I usually just use my phone as well to be honest because it works through the Bluetooth... but the other one is handy when you're in the middle of bumf**k nowhere and can't get any 4G. Generally quite a lot when your roaming the back roads of Scotland