Parcel damaged during delivery

hadZ

A little twist in the tale...

I had escalated to the customer service director and got a phone call today from a member of her team. The gentleman said it was internally escalated to the Depot Management who sat down with the driver, to get an explanation as to what had happened -

The parcel was apparently delivered to my neighbor (although on the DPD tracker I have signed for it) who then apparently told the driver we do not get on (news to me) and the driver then saw my neighbor throw the parcel over my side gate as the driver was leaving... Once the driver saw this happen, the driver then left me a calling card to say that is over my side gate (only calling card received).

So in other words we have 1 or more of the following:

- a driver who's trying to save his job

- a conspiracy between the depot manager/driver/customer services to cover their companies arse

- a story cooked up by customer services

- or very unlikely a neighbour who's an arsehole

It smells of bullshit to me, I'd get their "story" in writing and take them to small claims, it costs next to nothing and they'll probably settle as soon as they receive the initial paperwork similar to the thing I posted above.

My thoughts exactly - What I have requested is a copy of the statement as I will be reporting my neighbor to the police and will need that as evidence! Obviously I will not be contacting the police, I will have a word with my neighbor first (99.9% sure they wouldn't have done that, but stranger things have happened).

So in other words we have 1 or more of the following:

- a driver who's trying to save his job

- a conspiracy between the depot manager/driver/customer services to cover their companies arse

- a story cooked up by customer services

- or very unlikely a neighbour who's an arsehole

It smells of bullshit to me, I'd get their "story" in writing and take them to small claims, it costs next to nothing and they'll probably settle as soon as they receive the initial paperwork similar to the thing I posted above.

Neighbour is hardly likely to admit to any of that, even if true! :lol:

I think you're missing the obvious aspect here. You simply need to be pushing the train company as hard as possible to give you back your laptop in the state you left it with them (albeit accidentally). Anything else is just guff and adds little to your problem with them.

Completely agree with you Ekona! I have raised the issue with the train company and I will be making a claim through them. Me chasing the courier is because they seem to get away with murder! The amount of horror stories regarding couriers is absolutely ridiculous! This is not the first time I have had issues with couriers and certainly won't be last and every time I have been left out of pocket due to there mistakes! I know it won't make much difference me complaining to them, however I want them to know that I am :angry: and won't take it lying down!

Neighbour is hardly likely to admit to any of that, even if true! :lol:

I think you're missing the obvious aspect here. You simply need to be pushing the train company as hard as possible to give you back your laptop in the state you left it with them (albeit accidentally). Anything else is just guff and adds little to your problem with them.