Head-Unit cable lengths (Pioneer, Kenwood etc)

-G-

Hardly the most technical question I'll ever ask, but what length of usb cables do folk use for their Head-unit USB connections (presuming you're using the rear ports on the head unit to keep your cockpit looking tidy

AVIC-F70DAB_rear.jpg

I've opted to go for a flat-micro USB cable and a usb 3.0 extender to offer up future connectivity without having to revisit removal of the head-unit - i'm curious to know who else has fed cables back as far as the rear armrest and what length of cable you used (if you can remember)

IMG_0064.jpg

Cheers

Not sure about exact length, but if it helps, it's pretty much a straight path from the back of the headunit, down to and past the gear stick and back toward the armrest. I would budget for the length of the back of the headunit to the back of the arm rest, plus a little length for pulling the phone/whatever up to reach. You can always feed it back down, there's plenty of extra room under the center console.

• Like 1

The cables in the box with the headunit are long enough to run along the centre console and come up in the cubby ;) you don't need any extrensions.

Cool - do you remember what actually comes cable-wise?

There's an HDMI output and two USBs on the AVIC F70 DAB I have - are the HDMI and USB cables supplied?

The cables in the box with the headunit are long enough to run along the centre console and come up in the cubby ;) you don't need any extrensions.

Cool - do you remember what actually comes cable-wise?

There's an HDMI output and two USBs on the AVIC F70 DAB I have - are the HDMI and USB cables supplied?

You don't get a HDMI cable, but you do get 2 USB extensions, a male to female one so you can either stick a SB dick straight into it, or a iPhone cable.

Personally, I have iPhone cable in USB1 and a USB stick in USB2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to make sense of the wiring in my 2003 Z. I don't suppose you've got any picture or info about where the connectors go for the steering wheel controls?

Not sure if mine had a bose or not before.

Try using the search next time mate, but for now

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/106961-350z-headunit-replacement-guide-with-links-to-parts/