Steering wheel controlls

88 Zed

Has anyone ever added steering wheel controls to an import without the buttons?

Im running a pioneer SPH -DA 120 and i believe it can be connected up but i think ill need the buttons (obviously) and the rest of the wiring loom?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In theory it should be simple. Kinda...

The steering wheels button set all goes back into the wiring loom of the car via a single connector through the steering wheel boss (that's probably the wrong word in this case, but still).

One side (cruise control) disappears into the engine bay to god knows where, but the audio control/Bluetooth side terminates in a white plug that's usually plugged into the back of the stereo, this technically is the easy bit.

Not sure about the Z, but with modern cars that don't come with Cruise control as standard, but its available as an option, even if you add the controls at a later date, you usually need to have your ECU edited/flashed to actually enable the cruise control system, that is assuming that the buttons are all that's missing for the system to function (which to be fair is usually the case).

HTH :)

Edited by cs2000

The steering wheels button set all goes back into the wiring loom of the car via a single connector through the steering wheel boss (that's probably the wrong word in this case, but still).

One side (cruise control) disappears into the engine bay to god knows where, but the audio control/Bluetooth side terminates in a white plug that's usually plugged into the back of the stereo, this technically is the easy bit.

Not sure about the Z, but with modern cars that don't come with Cruise control as standard, but its available as an option, even if you add the controls at a later date, you usually need to have your ECU edited/flashed to actually enable the cruise control system, that is assuming that the buttons are all that's missing for the system to function (which to be fair is usually the case).

Everything's simple once you've worked it out haha.

I just want the volume / phone buttons really, I've never really felt the need for cruise control. I think the hardest part will be sourcing the part of the loom between the head unit and the steering wheel?

Everything's simple once you've worked it out haha.

I just want the volume / phone buttons really, I've never really felt the need for cruise control. I think the hardest part will be sourcing the part of the loom between the head unit and the steering wheel?

Maybe, maybe not. Give Zmanalex a shout, he's usually got a car in for breaking and will be able to get you the parts id think )

Ive PM'd him, even if i can get the right part of the loom, if i can find the wiring diagram i should be able to just run some new wires myself.

I cant see how this wouldn't work with all the right components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk