GT Convertible

Hi am a new member having just switched form a TVR Tuscan to a nice black GT Convertible complete with "you've been Tangoe'd" interior.

Would like ot hear from any other owners re any recommended upgrades or reliability gremlins that I should watch out for!!!

Hi welcome to the site...

Strange coincidence you should have switched from a Tuscan, myself and the missus were looking at one of these at the same time as the Z, but as it was to be the missus's daily drive, and would have to use it rain or shine, or snow, the lack of traction control, abs etc was the deciding factor.

Id still love to have one some day for the sheer fun though. Those Blackpool rockets certainly do have some nice style and are ferrari/lambo quick at less than half the price!

As for gremlins or niggles on the Z, the only one I have found so far, (only had the car a couple of months or so) is that there are no Stereo/phone controls on the UK roadsters. Hopefuly soon to be rectified by a modification I want to do.

Some say the standard tyres are a little poor a regards grip in the damp/wet, but I drive like my grandad, so havent had a problem yet.

:welcome: mate!

The common faults are relatively few and can be found in our technical forum and FAQ forum.

Also, in addition to those, the odd issue with the clutch and transmission could crop up if you are unlucky, as those are less frequent that the common faults I mentioned above.

Enjoy the site, post some pics up (gallery is being fixed, bear with us) on here and again, welcome! :teeth:

Tuscan, you're coming from a TVR B) These cars are are bullit proof in comparison. Nothing major to report, even minor niggles are well documented and generally there are TSB to resolve these issues. No problems to note in mine after 18k. I have a Kuro GT Roadster with Alezan interior. It has a few styling mods.