370Z rear lights were not working

MrMartinPGrant

here's a strange one,

so was out in the car yesterday on the Renegades run,

lets just say the car was driven like it had never been before, i'm not talking about excessive speed,

but there were back roads and motorways and some very aggressive driving keeping up with a few ferraris, few R8s and other big engine cars.

anyway last night on the way home, cars would pass me and hit their hazards lights, i knew something was up,

i pulled over and my rear lights were not working,

turned off the car and lights a few times, but still no rear lights, my brake lights worked okay though.

i looked everywhere and could not find any fuses for rear lights.

got up this morning and looked everywhere again and still can't find a fuse for the rear lights,

decided to checked the rear lights again and they are now working. WTF?

could something have got loose or a connection heated up and moved or anything like that, due to the 6 hours of abuse the car got?

Sounds like a loose/poor connection and maybe in your search for likely causes you moved the the problem connection :shrug:

I would check the fuse and its 'seating' but off the top of my head I cannot help with its location- something I never had an issue with on my 370.

Do you not have a friendly local garage that could give it the once over as if you book into Nissan for an intermittent issue you might b charged for (say) an hours worth on inspection to be told they could find nothing wrong.....

• Like 1

Sounds like a loose/poor connection and maybe in your search for likely causes you moved the the problem connection :shrug:

I would check the fuse and its 'seating' but off the top of my head I cannot help with its location- something I never had an issue with on my 370.

Do you not have a friendly local garage that could give it the once over as if you book into Nissan for an intermittent issue you might b charged for (say) an hours worth on inspection to be told they could find nothing wrong.....

i think i might be better leaving it in to nissan lol

Where are you based? Please don't take it to a stealershio, they'll have your pants down!!

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

Well, we know you are "here" Papa but his avatar says he is over there.... ;) Tapatalk, eh?

But would be good if someone nearby can recommend somewhere :thumbs: