Engine Warning light has come on!??

sonny

Hi there, I have just used the powerboost product which is used to clean the intake system in my 350z and i followed the instructions carefully and have made sure that everything was replaced properly, since doing so the engine management light has come on! im rather worried about this, the car seems to be driving fine though!? i disconnected the battery to reset the ECU though this has made no difference? can anyone suggest anything please???

what product did you use?

What is it designed to do?

There is also an ECU reset procedure that might help if the light has come on because of a glitch, if the problem is genuine it will come on again if there is something wrong. Disconnecting the battery wont help

Hello mate

going pretty well, we have one site thats just launch, which is our UK to UK site. Check it out on www.personalshipper.com. Let me know what you think.

The US and Hong Kong import sites are coming out in March. Along with a couple of other peaches. I'll set up an official post otherwise I'm going to get slapped for going off topic.

Hows things with you, a you loving the Lambo (silly question really). Did you set up o your own in the end?

Hello mate

going pretty well, we have one site thats just launch, which is our UK to UK site. Check it out on www.personalshipper.com. Let me know what you think.

The US and Hong Kong import sites are coming out in March. Along with a couple of other peaches. I'll set up an official post otherwise I'm going to get slapped for going off topic.

Hows things with you, a you loving the Lambo (silly question really). Did you set up o your own in the end?

Site looks good mate, very user friendly :thumbs:

Yep, set up on my own in April, bought the G in July, been in love with it ever since :) Good to have you back :thumbs:

Guest prescience
Was it this you used? http://www.ecotekplc.com/pb_application.htm

As mark says, could be the oxygen sensor, there are two on the Zed (one on each manifold bank). If one fails the ECU will ignore the duff one and will drive pretty normally.

There are four oxygen sensors, a pair on each back, one being before the cat (for ECU fuelling) and one after (for emissions) - they are electronically linked in terms of faults too :)

Reset your ECU and go from there :)

There are four oxygen sensors, a pair on each back, one being before the cat (for ECU fuelling) and one after (for emissions) - they are electronically linked in terms of faults too :)

Reset your ECU and go from there :)

You are indeed correct :blush:

but any one failure will still put your fault light on but the car will drive normally.

Do the reset as prescience says, if it comes on again you need to get it to the dealer (or a friendly mechanic with a diagnostic tool) to find out whats up.