Window Reset Procedure Clarified..I hope

Dicky

Needed to carry out this procedure today and found it and some of the previous comments made by others a bit confusing so thought I'd try to clarify it for those as challenged as me.

I've edited out the unnecessary bits of the Workshop manual procedure and copied it below for reference.

In order to carry out step 3) of the procedure you have to operate the "reset switch" located behind the door card, but if you take door card off to gain access you cant shut the door to operate the door switch as required by step 2)?????

Another confusion was In the "CAUTION SECTION" where it states, do not use the window auto function to raise and lower the window. What is the "auto function"?? Other than the door mounted switches???

Anyway, the idiots guide is as follows...

1) remove the door card and allow it to hang by the wires and bowden cables.

2) locate the reset switch behind one of the circular black stick on discs.

3) use a G clamp to operate the door switch or get someone to help

4) turn on the ignition (don't start the engine though)

5) using the door window switch, raise the window right to the top

6) press the reset switch in and using the door window switch, lower the window right to the bottom.

7) release the reset switch and now raise the window right to the top again.

8) turn off the ignition, remove the G clamp and check window operation.

Also note that if you've removed the larger of the two white plugs on the door window switch control panel

You can experience poor connections due to the free socket not mating with the fixed plug correctly.

I had to use a pair of snipe nose pliers to push the wires down to ensure contact with the fixed plug contacts.

Resetting

1. With the door open, lift up and hold the power window switch until the door glass is fully closed.

2. Get inside the vehicle and close the door.

â— You need to close the door so the door switch is fully depressed.

3. Press and hold the reset switch. While holding the reset switch, press down and hold the power window switch until the door glass is fully opened.

4. Release the reset switch.Then, lift up and hold the power win- dow switch until the door glass is fully closed.

5. Open the door to release the door switch. The door glass should

partially move down. C

CAUTION:

â— Do not use the window auto function.

â— Do not release the switch before the window is fully stopped

• Like 1

Auto function is the "one touch " on the drivers door , where you push up to close.

You live and learn. Lifting the window switch and keeping it up while the window lifts I suppose is manual then?

One post I read referred to raising the window "manually". That probably makes sense to you younger guys but to me manual means I start looking for a winding handle :)

• Like 1