350z 04 Steering Angle Sensor

adab

Hi guys,

Managed to damage the steering angle sensor when changing the steering wheel for my track car.

Now traction control and abs goes nuts over 15mph then goes off, not a problem for track but want to sort out.

Anyone out there got one gathering dust on the shelf....

Hi guys,

Managed to damage the steering angle sensor when changing the steering wheel for my track car.

Now traction control and abs goes nuts over 15mph then goes off, not a problem for track but want to sort out.

Anyone out there got one gathering dust on the shelf....

Quick question you may know...I need to install my steering boss 60degrees out so my steering wheel is straight so is this going to effect my traction control? Will I need to purchase a spacer to correct the 60degrees?

does your air bag light work still? vie goes off guess u have a resistor in it ? if so then the spiral cable all good its just needs a reset at a nissan main dealer im in the same position have heard its a 5 min job but nissan charges about £80 :scare:

does your air bag light work still? vie goes off guess u have a resistor in it ? if so then the spiral cable all good its just needs a reset at a nissan main dealer im in the same position have heard its a 5 min job but nissan charges about £80 :scare:

Airbag light always on as I have removed the front seat and fitted buckets for the track.

I think there is a thread on here about setting the steering sensor manually lock to lock, you may want to search, it may save you a few quid.

Mine is definitely knackered and need to replace.

Airbag light always on as I have removed the front seat and fitted buckets for the track.

I think there is a thread on here about setting the steering sensor manually lock to lock, you may want to search, it may save you a few quid.

Mine is definitely knackered and need to replace.

Sorry cov350z didn't read that properly.... Thanks for the tip, unfortunately i do need the sensor but will hopefully pass on the dealer charge of £80 and do the wheel shuffle to set.

guess u didnt fit a resistor to the sensor cable under ur seat then. mine needs a nissan reset i changed my wheel and installed it with the spiral cable one turn to the left more than center so it flashed up have replaced it back to center and all switches worked on original wheel so spiral all good just needs a reset to 0. try putting the original wheel back on and see if switches work if they do it just needs a reset rather than a whole unit there about 300-400 quid