3" vortech pipe work

evilscorp

About to search the other forum :blush: but has anyone made 3" pipe work for the vortech in a DE engine car? (looking at you Adrian,Bennett,Chris).

The new intercooler I have is 3", so is the intake and eventually the maf pipe(will wait for a remap so it doesn't upset the maf) so feels ashame to put reducers on it to the 2.5" pipework, also I will try using the alloy stuff ash hoses sell, do you think that it could be mandrel bent to shape of the old ones?

If I can get my finger out sometime this year I will have a custom full 3' ic pipes all the way from the sc outlet to the TB. Note I'm going with the bigger V7Ysi sc headunit.

Don't think it's worth it with the std V2 or V3 with have a flow less CFM.

Space will be tight with 3' but a solution is to use oval pipes with 3' sectional area but I've ditched that idea for a complete redesign of the front end with a small tubular frame and hang the rad, ic, oil and PAS coolers off it with ducting to maximize airflow through. The advantage is you can make a removable front clip and I can also shorten the ic pipe runs for quicker response. Also it will be easy to figure out a recirculating pipe from the BPV to the intake to quiet the noise when it's open.

I have a full catalogue of pics of borrowed ideas from various guys across the pond.

• Like 1

Cheers Dude, I might just pop outside with my beer skin on and try jaming a spare bit of 3" pipe down the gap between the engine and radiator surround. Shame is I have a full mishimoto rad and fans maybe :wacko: lol in the attic, just can't be arsed fitting them until I pull the engine. Yeah I know you have the daddy blower but I am determined to find out what this one can do before upgrading it.

3' will work. I've mock this up already. There's more space with the mishimoto fan and rad but it's so close to the crank pulley hence why oval pipes will be better if you don't want to do the tubular frame option. You only need the oval pipes and transitions pipes between the rad and pulleys and the uppipe from going behind the sc into the TB.

I would love to try it, thanks for the future idea mate, I just can't afford the time to remove the radiator etc as I am hoping my building warrant comes in next week so I can knock my old garage down and build my new bigger play pen, hence why I need the car drivable at short notice. =/ what's been happening to your beast recently?