Dash cam to catch accidents whilst parked

Randy_Baton

Hi,

In the last two week s I have 2 separate incidents of people driving into my car whilst its parked on the road. Not one note left...

The first hit was on the rear quarter, bumper and wheel (bumper was new and resprayed 4 months ago!!!). the damage is just to the paint no bodywork. I've had 3 quotes fro a respray £550, £300 and £120, all from body shops. I know I shouldn't but I'm booked into the cheap one on Monday.... The damage is probably less than an A4 piece of paper and at that price if they mess it up and won't refund/repair its not too much of a hit.

The second hit last night was on the same side front bumper, wheel and wheel arch. It looks to have been hit with some force dents paints chips the works.

In the last 4 months I've also had someone reverse into me and take a 5p sized chip out of my bumper (24 hours after it was first painted) and a week later a 16 inch scratch appeared against the rear quarter, all whilst its been parked around my area.

Kind of starting to **** me off....

So now that is of my chest....

Is there a dashcam with a wide field of view that will switch on and record if it detects the car move when the engines off, preferably low power consumption as I don't drive much, so I don't want to get a flat battery.

Its permit parking where I live so I'm rarely parked on my actual road so home CCTV won't do it