wanted: cd009 350z manual 6 speed gearbox

jonny mac

hi, specifically looking for a cd009 gearbox, the 2006 last revised model gearbox from a 350z

testing my luck before i go off and hunt one of the mkiv supra 6 speed getrag boxes, the 350z cd009 boxes are supposed to be just as strong and can take 800-1000hp no problem

oem part no: 32010-CD009

i'd like the box to be in as best condition as possible please, no crunching, no whines etc as it's going to be used with a high performance engine

any out there?

i tried to buy brand new from main dealer in japan but they said it's unavailable plus the shipping costs on a 60kg box wouldn't be cheap

contact me on here, or via pm :)

thanks.

p.s. before anyone says it, i've already asked zmanalex

Edited by jonny mac
  • Like 1

Wouldn't think they could handle that much power, but I'm no expert.

From what I heard the 350z gearboxes ( both versions ) are a bit soft and delicate creatures for their intended purpose/nature of the car.

I'm a bit of a noob, but what about trying to source something from a beastly American V8 sports car ? ( vette, camaro/stang etc )

There's no way a 350Z box will take that level of power, I've never had a proper answer as to whether the CD009 is actually any better than the earlier box, the part numbers for gears and synchros appears to be the same on both.

Sounds like you need one of these :)http://www.samsonas.com/

As used by Jack Shanahan to win last years British Drift Championship