nismo style front lip - duraflex fitment

Jay M1988

Hey all,

Bought a duraflex front lip from a trader on here middle of last year. Didnt fit it straight away as wanted it painted and fitted by my bodyshop whom ive used up here in newcastle for a very long time.

Cut the story short. He's prepped and painted the lip but the fitment is terrible. I mean its came out smooth from painting but it is so wavy the plastic that it doesnt meet up in the corners or the straight lines even with a little force. We've tried using crazy amounts of bond but it just looks bad.

Anyone have any tips for me. My last resort is to buy a new front bumper.

Thankyou all.

Is it fibreglass?

If so heat it up with a hot air gun and it will become flexible enough to re mold it. You need to find a way of holding it in place until it cools downand then it will take the new shape.

To be honest this should have been done before painting.

I know bud the bodyshop rang me and explained of the bad fitment and that they've a few ideas to try make good of it but would not continue without my say so. So me thinking hey how bad can the lip be said go ahead. Its duraflex mate not fibreglass.

Edited by Jay M1988