Suspension question

Tom-89

So I'm putting Tein springs on the Z, back ones went on fine, got front shocks off and left them with a garage to swap the springs round as I don't have compressors

Finally got round to refitting the shocks and having a bit of a nightmare...one side has gone on fine, top 3 line up, bottom fork lines up, speed sensor cables clip in (one clip on side one clip facing front right?)

Went to put the other side on and it seems wrong.when the top three bolts line up with the bottom fork on the shock the clips for the sensor wires are facing back, in towards the engine, so the opposite to the other side where they face out.

It's almost as though the top plate of the shock is on 180 degrees wrong - is it possible to do this? Wouldn't have thought the springs would line up..

cheers

Try rotating the strut whilst the top mount is bolted in

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

cheers! stuck the plate in a vice, long screwdriver in the other end, bit of silicon spray and round it went. everything is on and it looks a million times better

• Like 1

Try rotating the strut whilst the top mount is bolted in

cheers! stuck the plate in a vice, long screwdriver in the other end, bit of silicon spray and round it went. everything is on and it looks a million times better

No worries.Glad to help:)