Anyone have experience of Olympus E-M camera's??

gangzoom

My trusty Canon 550D + 17-55mm f2.8 lens has suffered a near fatal fall at the X-mas table today :(

Been thinking about moving to micro 4/3 for a while, the reviews of the Olympus E-M1 looks good, and theres a good deal going that gets me the M1 body + f2.8 lens for £860 - which is decent value in my book for a f2.8 manufacture lens. But a bit nervous, not been following camera tech for a few years now (too busy looking at EVs :lol: ).

Anyone got any experience of these camera systems :)

http://www.simplyele...t.php?pid=26776

Edited by gangzoom

I've not had any experience myself, but know a few people who use them.

I don't think you have anything to be nervous about, as CSC system cameras are a growing trend, particularly amongst DSLR users who are fed up lugging heavy gear around all the time.

I've only heard good reports up to now.

I know one chap who owns a Canon 5D Mk3 with a good selection of FX lenses and finds himself using the Olympus 90% of the time as the Canon gets left at home more and more frequently.

My daughter uses a Sony RX-10 with a smaller 1 inch sensor than micro 4/3 and the pic quality is excellent, so you shouldn't have a problem in that respect.

The lenses are fast and very reasonably priced....whats not to like!! :thumbs: