HELP - Stuck in middle of stereo removal

matt89

Hi, I've removed most of the centre console but I am now stuck. I'm trying to remove the top piece of plastic with Bose unit still attached as per this guide.

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/56481-kenwood-ddx-4028bt-rear-cam-install-–-superguide/

However, the white (grey?) box under the stereo that I think does the ac is stopping me removing the console. The white peg in the circle is duplicated behind the metal bracket (red arrow) so can't slide forward or backward easily. And the metal mounting tab (red arrow) stops , me lifting the plastic console up and rotating forwards as suggested and seen in online videos.

Any help via pictures, words or if your near Leighton buzzard and want to laugh/help please drop by! I can provide tea or coffee......

image_zpsdllup36c.jpeg

From what I can remember when I changed my head unit it was simply a case of removing the 6 screws detailed in the guide and giving the box a good wiggle.

Just gave that box one hell of a wiggle and two seconds later it's out. Thank you!

Had mine out a few weeks ago and pretty sure this unit just pulls out. Remove the two screws on the LHS and RHS which I can see you've done on the LHS. As I recall the outer screws hold a bracket mounted on each side of the Bose and the inner ones hold the air con box.

Here's the guide I followed

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/45398-how-to-bose-phono-ipod-hack-guide/