Kinetix plenum + kinetix sports cats

P15UL T

as above

Bought these a about 6 weeks ago and had them fitted to the car, they sound amazing and i have covered about 600 miles in them.

dues to a change of mind of the direction i am taking the car i am taking these off the car next week and they will be available then.

i had the plenum painted green to match the car and have spoke to my painter and he is going to spray it again for me so here is your chance to get it a colour to suit your car.

pm me some offers and i will see what i think before listing them on ebay :thumbs:

cheers Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Hi im interested in the kinetix plenum.. still available?

Its abt £165 ($350) to get brand new from US inc postage.. used one shud be half price.. but u said its relatively new? so how about £90 (inc postage)?

Also ..whats the direction youre going? FI with full de-cats and cosworth plenum? or replacing the Z with a new Skyline GTR maybe?

yes mate they are still available but i havnt been pushing them as they are not off the car yet, the car is in the body shop and i wont get a chance to get them off for a couple of weeks.

i will put up a for sale post once they are off as i know there people wanting them

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mate,

These are about the only parts I want at the mo except the rest of the exhaust too!!!

Never been to Scotland so its a nice time to visit as well.

Can you fit the parts do you think, obviously I will help and we can make it a nice beer and chat job sorta thing? Need a cat PX?

How much are we talking for the lot?

cheers,

Matt

Sorry Matt but first come fist served

Cats have been sold

plenums is getting painted Anthracite grey and will be for sale for 150 plus 10 postage

will post up a couple of photos of the plenum when i get it back

cheers Paul

the kinetix plenum didnt fit with my strut bar and cause a vibration through the chassis so i am changing for a polished plenum, after fitting the cats i had a sensor problem so i removed them to see if it was the cats or a faulty sensor , ended up being a faulty sensor so whilst they are off i thought i would sell them to pay for the sensor amongst other things and replace them down the line

Paul

the kinetix plenum didnt fit with my strut bar and cause a vibration through the chassis so i am changing for a polished plenum, after fitting the cats i had a sensor problem so i removed them to see if it was the cats or a faulty sensor , ended up being a faulty sensor so whilst they are off i thought i would sell them to pay for the sensor amongst other things and replace them down the line

Paul

...that's not all though is it ;)

Paul

...that's not all though is it ;)

there might be another few tings in the pipe line but we will find out about those in due time :ninja:

Sounds like 2 unlucky buys there! I didnt go for a kinetix plenum in the end.. just spacer from bigphil.

The kinetix cats just had them fitted recently.. and they didnt fit right as they kept touching heat shield making horrible metal on metal sound. They had to hammer in the shield using a pointed pipe..did the trick though.

Other problem is the kinetix cats are supposed to made from aluminium alloy which will rust when in contact with salt.. so during icy or snow conditions on the road might not be so good. :dry:

Sounds like 2 unlucky buys there! I didnt go for a kinetix plenum in the end.. just spacer from bigphil.

The kinetix cats just had them fitted recently.. and they didnt fit right as they kept touching heat shield making horrible metal on metal sound. They had to hammer in the shield using a pointed pipe..did the trick though.

Other problem is the kinetix cats are supposed to made from aluminium alloy which will rust when in contact with salt.. so during icy or snow conditions on the road might not be so good. :dry:

i guess you dont know these things unless you hear it from someone else, i really like the strut bar and wanted to keep it, the cats did slightly change colour after being fitted dues to the heat of the exhaust i guess but definetly didnt show signs of rust, also didnt have any rattleing from them..just your luck i suppose

one thing to bear in mind is to make sure you get your mechanic to be carful with the sensors :rant:

Paul