pvr with the option to transfer to pc

neo

hi all,

been looking at PVR's with built in freeview that can record 2 channels at once, seen these by humax -

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/pvr-9200t.asp

can anyone recommend anything else, it must have the above and be able to connect to a pc so i can transfer programmes,edit on the pc and burn to DVD ???

from the few reviews i've read the humax one can be a little flak/unstable when tranferring files :wacko: not unless there have been software upgrades since the reviews.

thx in advnace for any help :)

hi all,

been looking at PVR's with built in freeview that can record 2 channels at once, seen these by humax -

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/pvr-9200t.asp

can anyone recommend anything else, it must have the above and be able to connect to a pc so i can transfer programmes,edit on the pc and burn to DVD ???

from the few reviews i've read the humax one can be a little flak/unstable when tranferring files :wacko: not unless there have been software upgrades since the reviews.

thx in advnace for any help :)

Is your life sad?

Have lots of time on your hands?

Do your friends regard you as a geek even though they wear milkbottle glasses and elbow patches?

If you can answer yes to the above and you are into fiddling with video install myth TV and make your own multimedia system and install it under the stairs.

Support for 16(+) simultaneous channel recording, it laughs in the face of twin tuners.

Web interface so you can programme it to record remotely

compatible with digital terrestrial AND satellite

supports streaming to remote clients (eg; your laptop, or even a hacked XBOX)

TiVo "like" functionality (if you have ever heard anyone say sky+ is great TiVo invented it better first, think about a system that learns your favourtite shows and records them on the off chance you might want to watch similar ones).

Why be constrained by the paltry 160Gb HD in the PVR you are going to buy when you can fill it with several Terrabytes of cheap disk space and never delete anything - why bother to burn anything to DVD (unless its to send to someone else) when you can just keep it on disk.

But you do have to meet the criteria above!

Anyhoo, off my soap box, my dad has a humax and seems pretty happy with its stability, not the exact model you describe though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythTV

thx for the reply :lol:

have fiddled with mythtv and mythdora about 6 months ago, even bought a cheapo tvcard to test it out but could never get it to pick up the card tried all sorts but gave up in the end :blush: suppose a better quality card would have helped :)

just wanted a pvr with the minimum of fuss and works straight outta the box :)

Stepfather has a Humax one and is very pleased with it. A mate has a Sharp one and I wasn't impressed. Seemed very slow and to puase live TV took about 5 secs. Also you couldn't rewind back beyond the pause point as the system doesn't constantly record like SKY+ does. Don't know if the Humax can but I do find this but it's a handy feature.