Nissan sat nav with kenwood 7029?

steveb

I visited my local I.C.E shop today and asked if I removed the BOSE, and fitted a Kenwood 7029 would the birdview sat nav voice still work through the new system.

They told me it would not work through any system, which annoyed me because I would like to keep it.

They also told me they wouldn't be able to get the Nissan bluetooth to work but might be able to link up with the steering wheel controls.

Not sure they know what they are talking about.

Anybody know if this is correct?

Has anyone here already done this?

Thanks

Steve

Trust them, they make their living off advice. ;)

What they say is correct. All the technology that does the bluetooth hands free kit is in the BOSE headunit. You can have an aftermarket one put in with your replacement headunit, and often a bit better than the Nissan one as it has better noise cancelling.

No more 'pardon'!! :)

All the technology that does the bluetooth hands free kit is in the BOSE headunit.

Almost all of it. There's a control unit under the panel in the glovebox behind the passenger seat.

That won't work without the BOSE headunit. ;):)

All the technology that does the bluetooth hands free kit is in the BOSE headunit.

Almost all of it. There's a control unit under the panel in the glovebox behind the passenger seat.

True. I would guess the mic in the roof wouldn't with an aftermarket unit either.

True. I would guess the mic in the roof wouldn't with an aftermarket unit either.

Nope, you're right with that. :dry:

The amp runs different line level inputs as well, not to mention is constantly on giving floor noise in the cabin all the time. Unless you get the little PAC adaptor, it's all BOSE, or no BOSE. :blush: