What air-intake systems are people running?

jamess115

I have one of these: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/311333786958?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

You'd not tell the difference between this and the JWT/Standard airbox, 'tho I had an Apexi on before, what a POS, I could tell immediately the car was breathing better with the K+N :teeth:

Did you just remove the air box and clamp that on? Would look so much better! This makes me mad that I didn't do the research first.

I have one of these: http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1436.l2649

You'd not tell the difference between this and the JWT/Standard airbox, 'tho I had an Apexi on before, what a POS, I could tell immediately the car was breathing better with the K+N :teeth:

Did you just remove the air box and clamp that on? Would look so much better! This makes me mad that I didn't do the research first.

Pretty much, there's an adaptor I got off E-Bay, came with a shi**y cone filter I just binned but I got it on the cheap so wasn't concerned. I wouldn't have used that filter (or the Apexi as it happens) on a lawnmower let alone a car. I also got a heatshield from E-Bay that clamps on around the filter. Seems to do the job OK and makes a nice noise too, I don't suppose when you're actually moving there's a lot of difference in air temps between that and the standard airbox going in. However as it's not really possible to actively test this I guess we will never know :lol: If you are on the FB adding page gimme an add and you can see it in my Zed pix :) - I appear to have reached the limit in my gallery here :lol:

I'm running the fully ducted K&N 69 Series Typhoon kit.

I'm sure that K+N is good for the job but have a look and see if they make an X-Stream the same size, they flow even more air due to the new design, the website has a list of sizes you can get the product number from. Me, I just measured the space and bought the biggest one that would fit in there :lol::teeth: