SeaSucker Talon Bike Rack - Amazing piece of kit

RyanT

Seasucker Talon, a few months old. It's absolutely amazing and takes just a minute or so to fit. Plus it's so small I just keep it in my boot.

Compared to the alternatives (Saris Bones etc) this is just leagues ahead.

The only reason I'm selling is that I've spent a small fortune on the larger 'Bomber' version which'll carry 2+ bikes as I've persuaded my girlfriend to get a bike as well.

From the advert:

• Holds one bicycle, up to 45 lbs
  • Made for roof top, trunk or hatchback attachment
  • One heavy-duty fork mount for 9mm dropouts
  • Three 6 inches SeaSucker vacuum cups on body (210 lb pull-strength rated each)
  • Attaches to metal, glass or fiberglass surfaces
  • 1/2 inches thick high-density polyethylene (HDPE) body for strength and durability

This wasn't cheap... But read the reviews, they really are worth it:

http://www.amazon.co...k/dp/B011OBKV2A

KARpeBb.jpg

UDGIxXx.jpg

M8wwrpP.jpg

GP9mZXM.jpg

£150.

Located in Bristol.

Many thanks

Edited by RyanT

im not looking to buy, but i also have one of these seasuckers but the 'bomber version.'

great bit of kit, looks good and can be removed and easy peasy to use, definitely worth the money!

also bit of an investment as you can use on pretty much any car you buy in the future.

would absolutely recommend for any bikers!

good luck with sale!

ccebc1539bb31dcf4ceddb17e807a48d.jpg

Edited by willow990

I agree awesome piece of kit .. i followed a friend down to Devon who had one of these with his £3k road bike attached (at 70mph) .. I was sceptical at first but would defo recommend or get one myself. (But can get my road bike in the 370) GLWS

Tempting. I've seen this before and I always imagined the bike flying off the back or side round a bend, but the reviews eased that worry. How does the paintwork and body cope with it, I'd have thought the paint would get at least a little scuffed while pressuring up and with the force exerted (especially sideways) on the metal while driving would dent it with it being wafer thin ;)

Tempting. I've seen this before and I always imagined the bike flying off the back or side round a bend, but the reviews eased that worry. How does the paintwork and body cope with it, I'd have thought the paint would get at least a little scuffed while pressuring up and with the force exerted (especially sideways) on the metal while driving would dent it with it being wafer thin ;)

No indication or negatives whatsoever. The three suckers (at the front) spread the load over a large area so it's a non-issue!

You can even use them on fibreglass, and I know many of the Elise / Vx220 boys do with their hard tops, so nothing to worry about!

I take it this also comes with the rear sucker for the back wheel?

Yes absolutely. Rear sucker including the strap. Should be pictured above.

Edited by RyanT