Cybox short tails on a 2015 Nismo - Will this work? Where best to buy?

jxl98c

Hi all,

I have a new 370z Nismo arriving in a few weeks time and have been reading around on the forums doing a bit of research and I'm fairly certain I'm not going to be happy with the stock noise coming from my Z.

I'm looking for a simple (in terms of £££'s) upgrade. However, I've found a lot of the advice on here is for the older 370z model (or rather the posts are generally older) and / or the products I'm looking at state fitment for the older versions and I'm not sure if the description is out of date or they genuinely don't fit.

So, I have some questions, can anyone confirm / deny, help with any (or all) of the following?

1. I guess I'm correct in thinking that the 2015 370z Nismo is still pretty weak in terms of exhaust sound, no better than the previous versions?

2. That the 2015 will indeed take most of the exhaust parts from the previous versions?

3. Given that I'm looking at the Cybox Short Tails, will they fit without adapting the mounts on the car? Do they fit well in the Nismo rear bumper (I ask this because I see that the AAM ones have adjustable tips, claiming to solve specific fitment issues for the Nismo)

4. Where is best to buy in the midlands (or who is reputable who can ship).

Is there anything else I should be aware of in doing this mod? I'm handy with a spanner. I just want some volume, and nothing to break in the process :-)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kind Regards,

James

Edited by jxl98c

Welcome to the forum.

1. Some people dont rate the nismo exhaust. Im actually getting one for my standard 370z so cant really comment on sound yet. Horses for courses. I did get axle back top speed exhaust and they were offensively loud.

2.2015 layout as far as im aware is the same as previous layout so everything will still fit.

3. This is more than likely referring to length of tips. The nismo bumper is slightly longer than the standard bumper so certain tips will get lost.

4.i would probably suggest direct from cybox. Only in liverpool.

As its a new car you shouldnt have any issues with siezed nuts etc. That is the main issue with older cars is the rust.

Hope this helps

Thanks for the info Chris. Point 3 is my main concern now, but for £185 it's probably worth a punt.

Given that no-one around here has ever seen the nismo I'd like to get the exhaust fitted immediately so it looks/sound like it was always meant to be like that.

The Nismo exhaust (which is the same on both versions of the car) definitely sounds better than the standard exhaust. But, the improvement is fairly small. If the standard exhaust is 2/10 in terms of volume, I'd say the Nismo is 4/10.

While I doubt you'd have problems fitting the short tails, I do wonder if they might look a bit 'lost'. If it helps, here are two pictures which show the difference made by the Mk1 Nismo's rear diffuser (although the Mk2 Nismo seems to have a different shaped diffuser):

My previous 370 with Stillen exhaust - note that the tips are quite prominent.

image_zpsf796ddd3.jpg

My current car with Stillen exhaust. The angles of the pictures don't help but 'in the metal' the Stillen's fairly hefty tips look much less prominent with the Nismo diffuser.

1ea7530d0402f06513bc13a99eec8ed4_zps9l6qagix.jpg

I think the Nismo looks best with an exhaust which has larger tips such as the Cobra, Stillen or Ark, but the Mk2 diffuser might not have the same effect as shown above.

There are a number of reputable traders on here who can supply exhausts - Octet/Torqen, Cougar Stores, Tarmac Sportz (based in Derby) for example.

All that said, you could always fit the short tails and then sell them on the forum if you're not happy with them.

Hope that helps.

Edited by sipar69

The only difference ive found is that it looks like the nismo has an extra piece of metal to lower the bolt hole to attach to the rear exhaust hanger on the back box.

Any aftermarket exhaust probably wont need this as they will be made for the standard 370z which doesnt require this extra part.

Hope this helps