Any form of filter that looks like this

Mikevv

Hi guys, as some of you may know, I'm trying to make an old 5.0 litre Mercedes v8 crankshaft into a bedside lamp to match the table I've already made. And I Can always use it for giving the burglar a headache, if I can lift the damned thing in time ;)

So far I'm using an old Subaru DBA brake disc kindly donated by Clark Motorsport ( all I needed to do was pay postage ) as a base, then trying to figure out some weird bracket to mount them together, and lastly I was thinking of using some form of air filter as a lamp shade

Sort of like this

http://beforeitsnews...3af905172ae.jpg

My only issue is I have no idea how to get a big ass air filter like that, or if the light inside will simply cook it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Or are there other unusual coloured ones? Red isn't my thing as I'm sure it will fade to pink with the light :(

Blue or green would look cool in my opinion, but then again, take this from a guy who wears 3/4s all year round ;)

Cheers guys, let me know what you think too!!!

Edited by Mikevv

Use an LED lightbulb for less heat.

Try looking for cone filters for agricultural or industrial vehicles (like CAT Earthmovers etc)

I was thinking like that, either a CAT, or some form of HGV :)

Found some crappy eBay ones for like £5 hahaha who cares, it's just for looks right? Althought, bragging rights that my "CAI adds up to 15 bhp to my lamp" could be a laugh ;)