Sat Nav / TV / DVD screen

Quinster

Hi, just got my new Zed and it's an Import.

Everything's in Japanese.

Don't have a clue how to work it.

Is there a fix for it?

Also,do you put a disc in to operate the satnav?

Honestly don't have a clue, i could probably google it but it'll be easier explained on here.

Thanks in advance.

Robert.

The JDM satnav cannot be used here unfortunately! Get rid of it and put in the glove box instead - much more useful :p

Also Robert, which Dumbarton are you from? The Dumbarton outside of Glasgow, Dumbarton? If so, I'm probably your neighbour, that's where I stay lol! :D

Edited by Puffmac
  • Like 1

The JDM satnav cannot be used here unfortunately! Get rid of it and put in the glove box instead - much more useful :p

Also Robert, which Dumbarton are you from? The Dumbarton outside of Glasgow, Dumbarton? If so, I'm probably your neighbour, that's where I stay lol! :D

Aye, the same Dumbarton.

I might have seen your car in Dumbarton East.

In fact i was clocking it the other day there.

Ha!!

p.s What glove box?

lol

The Jap satnav/tv unit is useless here... I'v been through all this as my Z is full of useless cool stuff, like the compulink buttons above the mirror and toll tag, etc...

Anyway...

The fix is to (sorry, you didnt say the year of yours, mine is an 05 so I now this works for that year),get a UK 05 X-Trail sat nav unit, you loose the TV but you can install a freeview box an hook it up to the AUX. Everyone says the screen is kack for TV/DVD playback so do you want to? For me yes but I'v not got to that yet, but the sat nav works no problem...

That said, my screen has went down, suspect a fuse but from reading, its behind the stereo so will be a day when I have time to rip out he console...

JDM''s are cool, nice one... Have fun with it...

• Like 1

The Jap satnav/tv unit is useless here... I'v been through all this as my Z is full of useless cool stuff, like the compulink buttons above the mirror and toll tag, etc...

Anyway...

The fix is to (sorry, you didnt say the year of yours, mine is an 05 so I now this works for that year),get a UK 05 X-Trail sat nav unit, you loose the TV but you can install a freeview box an hook it up to the AUX. Everyone says the screen is kack for TV/DVD playback so do you want to? For me yes but I'v not got to that yet, but the sat nav works no problem...

That said, my screen has went down, suspect a fuse but from reading, its behind the stereo so will be a day when I have time to rip out he console...

JDM''s are cool, nice one... Have fun with it...

Thanks mate, it's an 06 plate.

There's a pioneer system installed below it and that plays dvds, dunno whether to bother with the original, might just get a phone holder and use the gps system on the iphone.six and half a dozen

Know, Google Maps (I use Android) is feckin awesome, even gives real time info and reroutes, I use the phone in the Deli and the van, but I like the Z to look factory inside, I tolerate the mess of cables in the vans but in the Z I like the clean install look... A 7" tablet install or carPC would be an obvious for me but between racing and having more projects than time it wont happen...

Whatever you do, post it up so we can see how I looks...

Cheers...

• Like 1

Know, Google Maps (I use Android) is feckin awesome, even gives real time info and reroutes, I use the phone in the Deli and the van, but I like the Z to look factory inside, I tolerate the mess of cables in the vans but in the Z I like the clean install look... A 7" tablet install or carPC would be an obvious for me but between racing and having more projects than time it wont happen...

Whatever you do, post it up so we can see how I looks...

Cheers...

Will do, just got it and have loads in mind.

It'll be a slow process but hopefully an enjoyable one.