nitrous install

Ryanlegend22

You can run with UpRev, but it's not AS good as standalone ecu.

Mine cost me around 2.5k for the gear and another 1.5k for install and tune. But mine was a all singing system with 2 bottle covertly stowed behind the passenger seat (in glove box).

Do not and I repeat, do not just install the system with some sort of ECU management. Fueling and retarding the timing is critical.

What Ian is trying to say here in very simple words:

Warning!!!

*** DON'T DO IT! ***

or you'll end up using more oil than petrol :D

No need to scaremonger the poor chap.

There is nothing wrong with using NOS, or it wouldn't be used on the drag strip by thousands of people.

I would run NOS on the V8 but, it's all dependant on the tuner and hardware. NOS isn't straight forward, neither is it a simple load it with NOS and off you go. There's also the supply of the gas and the heating for optimum performance. It's cheap compared to FI, but has its drawbacks.

My engine ran till 112k miles and yes was using oil, but let's put the record straight, it's a revup and prone to burning oil. The engine when removed sold and was perfectly fine. Power was still as it was before NOS. Considering the mount of DE's blowing up without NOS, then clearly it proves NOS is not not a killer but caring for the engine IS highly important.