Sticky clutch pedal

JackQ

Afternoon folks. Just a quick one my Clutch pedal seems to be a little Sticky it's just after it bites it sticks in place then releases it's self but with an almighty thud. Clutch still engages disengages fine though anyone else experienced this and have a fix ?

Thanks Jack

I am currently having issues with my clutch too JackQ. Although I don't have an almighty thud on return... I'm not too clued up when it comes to mechanical but this is what i've been told to try by Keyser who definitely knows his stuff.

1) Simple fluid change get a bottle of something decent RBF600 motul 660 or your preferred decent clutch fluid, drain the top reservoir then top up with fresh then bleed the clutch until you have refilled the reservoir twice. - Test drive :0

2) Replace the fluid (as above) but change the lower hose to a braided line at the same time and if you are doing this go the extra mile and change the slave cylinder as well - traders on here do kits the slave and the pipe and the fluid - try Clarke Motorsport, Zman Alex Torqen in the member traders on here :thumbs: This assumes a VQ engine as the slave cylinder is outside the gearbox on the later models it is inside and therefore much more labour intensive (gearbox out) but on an 05 you should be a VQ :)

3) If you still have the issue after the above then it's either master cylinder and or clutch so I would do the master cylinder but depending on your mechanical no how I would get it checked by a decent local garage not a Nissan dealer.

The symptoms of clutch not coming up are most likely a fluid problem they can in rare cases be caused by a very worn pressure plate and a dry bearing but usually you will get noise and clutch slip associated with this problem.

Hope this helps,

Ryan

Edited by Rhino

Problem is design of pedal. Google it. I had a same problem with pedal started with oil change, braided line, rebuilded slave clutch cylinder master clutch cylinder, lubed pedal problem was still there. I replaced pedal with RJM pedal unit and all problems where gone plus i have 10 times softer feel of pedal and can dose it quite easily. Engaging and starting from zero now has became pure pleasure

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Problem is design of pedal. Google it. I had a same problem with pedal started with oil change, braided line, rebuilded slave clutch cylinder master clutch cylinder, lubed pedal problem was still there. I replaced pedal with RJM pedal unit and all problems where gone plus i have 10 times softer feel of pedal and can dose it quite easily. Engaging and starting from zero now has became pure pleasure

Thanks for the reply I'll look into that pretty sure it's the issue

That's quite interesting, the softer pedal feel probably from increase pedal ratio I assume? I had the same issue previously I bleeded the clutch fluid seems to have helped so far. Finger crossed...

我從使用 Tapatalk çš„ Nexus 6 發é€