UKMail, a courier to avoid

HiddenWomble

Thought you lot might be interested in the fun I've had with these guys over the past few weeks as the thriving community here is always throwing parcels about as traders and members exchange parts.

First delivery, no knock, no buzz, little "we missed you" slip with a faint X in the "somewhere safe, shed" box.

Second delivery, no knock, no buzz, no "we missed you", yet website said delivery had been attempted. Phoned up to query this, sometimes they have temp drivers or the driver might have just run out of "we missed you" slips. I need the parts so I do the 2 hr round trip to my local depot (OK, I admit, part of me wanted to do the drive, not even had my zed a month yet and the zeditus is making me burn far more miles than I do normally :) )

Third delivery, not even put on the van. ETA still said the same day but it had not got to the local depot in time so the van had gone without it. So I ask if I can pick it up that day as I know some courier companies get funny if you try to pick up before first delivery attempt is made. I get told they have no direct contact with the depot, some are fine with this, others aren't so I will just have to wait an hour for the depot to respond to their message asking if it's possible.

Next hour I get told the depot's system went down and they are busy working to get it up and running and won't have visibility on my item until they do. Fine, they are having a bad day, but the question was do they accept collections before first delivery attempt has been made, that's a procedure thing and they do not need to track my parcel on the system to know what their own procedures are. I get told they will put a high priority question through to get an answer.

After 5 phone calls each an hour apart to give the depot time to respond I finally get my answer, yes I can pick it up today. By now I'm in a foul mood over the whole thing and do the 2 hr return trip to the local depot again. When I get there the exasperated lady says she'd told central that they couldn't do it today as they didn't have the staff to go searching for my package. Not the message I was given, I was just told to wait a few hours. She goes off to search for it anyway, takes a while but they do find it.

I told my supplier to recover the courier cost for the second delivery but they told me their agreement gives them no option to recover costs in the event of a failure. UKMail have absolutely no accountability with their business clients as they do not do refunds if they fail to deliver!

UKMail's facebook page is flooded with irate customers spouting abuse. Now I've seen the odd foul comment here and there on public facebook pages, but UKMail is by far the worst I have ever seen.

So, if you're getting something delivered, first check to make sure it's not going by UKMail as they are a long way away from being an effective courier company. Maybe in year or two they will have taken the kick up the arse they need to sort this mess out, but right now, avoid!

Feel for you mate. I had a very similar experiance with them in Glasgow. Claiming to have left cards etc. My stuff was return to the supplier who then resent it only for the same thing to happen. Ended up cancelling my order.

There's now two couriers that if I see a retailer using I won't order from; UKMail or Yelp.

Retailers need to realise that using bad couriers looses them business.

Cheerio

Edited by inspiral

when i was speaking to my supplier about them getting a refund they said they were looking at another courier company as they had had tons of complaints.

Funny you should mention this.

I am waiting on a parcel from UKmail and it hasn't arrived. I was just about to have a rant at the supplier but now I have read this i shall been more leaniant

get your tracking number and look it up on their site. that much at least seems to work and will let you know if the driver has done a fly by