Clutch weirdness

coyoteboy

Well today I had the fabled clutch weirdness. Lights went green, had to hover at the biting point for 7-8 seconds to wait for a moron dawdling and trying to decide whether to turn across me or not. Eventually I got annoyed and hoofed it around him but as I fed the clutch up it just immediately went into total slip. Clutch hit the floor and stayed there for a second, as I backed off the throttle the clutch came back to life and popped back up. It's now notably lighter (used to have a definite change in spring rate exactly at the biting point, now it's linear). Going to flush through with new fluid and keep an eye out for leaks but it worked fine all the way home.

Bugger. Can't trust it now!

Do 370z have the same issue with the 350z HR? My 350 does the same thing, if I try to launch, the peddle just sits on the floor until I it cools down. Only takes a few seconds but is very irritating.

Been told to upgrade the clutch line to a SS one but it's a box out job, so won't be happening until the clutch gives up.

I'm not expert but I'd say sitting on it full stop isn't a good thing

Probly got hot and slipped it a bit

Yeah think about that a second, how many times a day do you rest at the biting point ready to dart for a few seconds Next commute you'll surprise yourself.

We are talking no load for a few seconds, I'm used to driving a 4wd 350HP manual car :)

Edited by coyoteboy