DIY Vinyl Wrap

KosmiK

• 3 weeks later...

Great Job MD! What were you not so pleased about with the front bumper, certain edges?

You've saved yourself 1k+ doing this yourself - yes the stress and hours may not seem worth it, but trust me :)

Also - if you did pay someone to do this, you may not notice the flaws quite so much, as it was someone else's mistake if that makes sense.

Great Job MD! What were you not so pleased about with the front bumper, certain edges?

You've saved yourself 1k+ doing this yourself - yes the stress and hours may not seem worth it, but trust me :)

Also - if you did pay someone to do this, you may not notice the flaws quite so much, as it was someone else's mistake if that makes sense.

It only cost me £350 in total, so a saving of £1200 - £1500 suits me. It's 12 years old with 100k on the clock, so who knows how much life it has left?

On the front bumper its mainly the bottom edge running along the splitter. Because the splitter was already fixed on we didn't have a nice crisp edge we could wrap around like on the every other edge. I'm hoping some black sealant along the bottom will help disguise where the vinyl meets the splitter. Plus we did a better job the second time than the first, there's less wrinkles this time.