Motordyne tdx

SlickRick

Hey guys I been eyeballing the motodyne tdx shockwave on their site (can't find it anywhere else for my 350GT) but I've noticed there are a good few variations of the xyz pipe I've already got Berks hfc fitted so I'd assume I need the cat back but would it be worth getting the xyz pipe with cats? Will I see any/much difference in sound/power? I read somewhere that the motordyne cats won't pass UK not/might only make the first mot?

Does anybody have one fitted? From videos i love the sound over everything else on the market!

• 3 weeks later...

So would you be replacing the HFCs with test pipes then?

I'd start by talking to Mark at Abbey if you're still looking for info, as I know he has lots of experience with these, and has posted on here about how legal for MOTs they are.

So would you be replacing the HFCs with test pipes then?

I'd start by talking to Mark at Abbey if you're still looking for info, as I know he has lots of experience with these, and has posted on here about how legal for MOTs they are.

Sorry I never saw this I'll be keeping the HFCs I guess, I thought I had to for street use? I'll have a look for the thread thank you

Sorry, might have misread the OP. I guess the question is whether it would be worth switching the HFCs for test pipes and get the XYZ with race cat, rather than sticking with the HFCs - I'm afraid someone more knowledgable on the subject will have to advise you!

You would need cats of some kind to pass the MOT, unless you have a buddy who is willing to do a dodgy one for you...

If you have the budget for it, get the motordyne tdx exhaust. I had it on my old zed, I had several other exhaust too (Cobra, Nismo, Agency Power) and nothing came close to the sound of this.

As a former Miltek and current Cobra exhaust user, I'd have to agree. Motordyne gear always seems to sound great, albeit at a price...

• Like 1