Battery and windows.

Zeezeebaba

I've just returned from Barcelona and the car had been sat for a week in the garage. It started fine and I went for a quick blast to boost up the battery. I stopped in a garage to fuel up and returned to the car to find no power at all on turning the key.

On checking the battery terminals the positive lead had popped off, with this being the cause I popped it back on and tightened accordingly. The reason it had come loose was down to the previous owner changing the battery and not clamping the battery down properly thus the battery was shifting about.

All was good except for the drivers window that then refused to drop when opening the door. I've since performed a reset but now the window only drops 2 mm instead of the usual 5 mm. So this has resulted in a better seal when the door is closed and I'm wondering whether the passenger side may benefit from the same procedure?

I'm assuming the passenger window that drops 5 mm is correct and my drivers side that drops 2 mm but seals better is wrong.

• Like 1