Anyone driven a Seat Leon FR?

bamdc2

Has anyone owned or test driven one of these?

Thinking about getting one as company car, it would be the 2015 2 litre diesel probably with the DSG.

I have read they handle really well and with 180bhp and 60mpg seems like a decent package without getting hit too hard on the tax.

Would love a Cupra but need good mpg.

Test drove a few of these, from the surprisingly gutsy 1.4 to the 2.0TDi was on the verge of upgrading my mk1 Leon FR tdi to the Cupra or a tdi FR

Lovely machine to drive, little bit different on the styling to the golf/a3 which I preferred, lots of gadgets, the DSG is fantastic and they get great economy, really can't rate them highly enough.

Had i not had the short commute i'd have got the tdi, as it was I opted for the Cupra 280, then VW made me an offer i couldn't refuse on an R :D

• Like 1

We've got a 1.4 FR ACT, mileage is at 16k miles since we got it new last october. It's an excellent car, drives very well, loads of equipment, well made and the engine delivers an economy/performance balance I didn't think was possible from a petrol. Its long term average is 47mpg and we have seen over 50mpg on longer runs. This is from a 1.4 turbo that doesn't feel much slower than my old Mk 5 Golf Gti in most driving. It's also so refined and quiet compared to the diesels we tried. We tried a 184bhp diesel, which was quick and a torque fest, but the petrol was just a much nicer drive if not quite as quick.

• Like 1

Didn't realise you could get the FR in that green!

Yeah, was rather disappointed I couldn't get that green on a cupra :( after 10 grey/black/silver car's i wanted something BRIGHT!!!! Not sure if blade still have it up there for you to test or they've replaced it with a dull colour