Roof Racks

alexfergs

Since the Boofsquire people have stopped selling, I've been tempted to look into these:

http://www.handiworld.com/handirack-94/handirack.html

Has anyone had any experience with these?

The amazon reviews are generally high (4.5 Stars) but there have been some people saying that it scratches the paintwork and allows water to seep in through the straps.

Was hoping somebody might be able to give me a thumbs up before I spunk £100, if not I'll be writing up a review!

What are you trying to carry? I use a Seasucker to carry my bike on my Z.

Well it's for a holiday in France, I want to be able to lug back a load of booze and any clothes I might need.

So i'd be happy with just a bag on there, the sea sucker looks pretty interesting, it's quite a bit cheaper too!

If you needs to carry stuff too big to fit in the boot, rent a van for £40 or borrow someones car if it's not too big. If you have to do it regularly, you own the wrong car.

Well I'd ideally like to exploit the best of both worlds, the benefit of these racks are that you can keep them in the boot incase you're caught short.

I enjoy Zed ownership too much to sell out anyway! ;)

• Like 1