Problem with sticking caliper

ralosc

Bought my Zed last week- pads on the front were non existent and the discs knackered so iv not driven it and waited until the weekend to fit new brakes. There was a rumbling noise and the brakes got very hot on the short distance I drove it home so I presumed it may have been a caliper sticking.

Had new brakes fitted yesterday- and the noise is still there and the discs were red hot. The noise speeds up as you go faster. Is this the caliper still sticking? Any ideas on how to solve the problem? Was going to try stripping it down cleaning and putting it back.

Edited by ralosc

Only seen a red hot disc on track!!!!!

What brand of discs and pads did you fit ?

When jacked up, are the wheels turning without drag ?

If you got drag, strip the caliper and free off the pistons.

Also check that it is not a hydraulic issue (servo etc)

Remember and check the wheel bearings.

Edited by ZMANALEX

Turns out one caliper was sticking slightly, stripped cleaned and it's fine now. Discs are still ok.

The noise is actually because the place I bought it from last week- needed to put new front tyres on to pass the mot. So they stuck some part worn pirelli's on- but that have uneven wear on the inside- which makes a similar noise to a sticking caliper or wheel bearing.

So nothing wrong I've just got an annoying noise might have to change the tyres!

Edited by ralosc