Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Been speaking to a certain someone about using their pile, but it depends how much interest we've got, hence why I've started the calendar to RSVP to. If its low numbers we can all crash at a certain moderators place, but if theres a fair few of us its rather unfair, unless he has a large garden and we all camp perhaps Been for a blast on the ubyk owners SB66c and have to say its pretty awesome, and safe to say I will be getting one some time next week They are a really nice lot in ubyk, so if anyone is around the Oxford area, definitely look them up. They've been nice enough to take my stem and spacers and are going to fit the headset and cut the steerer for me before sending it out, so I should have very little to do to build it up other than transferring parts. I'm a little undecided about getting a fancy heli tape kit from invisiFRAME. Seems like a good use of 50 quid to me to protect a couple of grands worth of frame. Anyone else using it? I do have a roll of heli tape but this would save a lot of faff and look s a hell of a lot neater. Good luck with the Manx E2E Mr AK
  2. So who's up for a bit of biking mid Oct? Looking at heading up to North Wales 18th-20th Oct. No arrangements on accommodation yet, open to ideas depending on the numbers we get. Obviously we will be in the bus so happy to rough it anywhere, but appreciate others might not want to camp that time of year Would look to get a day booked in at Antur Stiniog and maybe something like Coed-y-Brenin or Penmachno the other day? RSVP on the calendar so we can see numbers: http://www.350z-uk.com/calendar/event/44-club-mtb-weekend/
  3. I thought it was 22x34 and now 24x36? You said 22x24 which is why I was confused and asked Spesh look after Amanda with a 36t/22t x 36
  4. XX1 suits me to the ground, enough range for all the hills I'd ever want to do and fast enough that I wont spin out. Having no front mech makes it eerily silent and slashed a good chunk of weight from the bike. I can see its a bit expensive atm though Clutch mechs are great, dont think I'm going to need a chain guide with XX1 at all havent had a dropped chain yet. Plus I havent got anywhere near to striking the chainring as its higher off the floor not needing a larger one on 2x. We'll get you into 1x11 one day I assume you mean 22x34 not 24. I think Amanda got pretty much the same range on her 2x10 as she had on 3x9. He lowest gear is silly low, if she spins in first I basically have to get off and walk as I cant spin my first gear at a low enough cadance. That or I just pull away from her. It makes you realise how noisy 2x10 w/o clutch is when you have 1x11 with one too.
  5. Need to fit some rigid forks matey, that's the new way forward. If I was going to 650B (its not 27.5" as people love to call it) it would be on a Bronson C. Might still get one, I might not like the Yeti. Will tell on Saturday So the yuth been cutting new trails? Or were you just blind before? Hope that XT is 10sp too. Rumours are a foot with the big S going 1x11 this year, lots of frame makers doing frames with no front mech mounts so they reckon the big S will be announcing something soon.
  6. Good work. Looks like a right motley crew on the FB page And its all about the bike, I dont need no skills with a super bike - thats what the adverts tell me
  7. Bronze medal in the DH World Champs, cant be all bad http://www.vitalmtb.com/features/Jared-Graves-DH-World-Championship-South-Africa,562
  8. If I like it Saturday then it is Just have to wait a few days delivery. The naughty men at the shop were trying to temp me to pay for it so they could get it in for me for the weekend! Whats the Gorsforth 10k? Piccies?
  9. No full turquoise on the carbon so will have to stick with the one pictured above. Now I just wait for Amanda to want one, no showing her your one Lou
  10. Should just about do it matey Yeah looking at doing something similar as its 0% anyway. You'll be amazed how many cant these days! All my local shops say send it to Mojo for anything ubyk are going to have me a SB66c to test on Saturday assuming Amanda will let me go. She's given sign off for purchase woo! Apparently its one of the shop directors bikes so I better not break it I'm assuming its the law that any Yeti has to be the turquoise version?
  11. Oh and you riding with Blommers is the same as us riding with you Mr AK! Maybe I should go back to SPDs then. Or you should be made to ride 1x9 all the time and forced to pace us
  12. We'll have to have a wee get together then once the new bikes are decided to see which is best Certainly starting to notice more flex in the stumpy now that we're riding more trails than XC, was very obvious at BPW for instance. I think the SB build would weigh in about the same as the stumpy but be much stiffer and a wee bit more travel at 150mm vs 140mm now. Gonna mean a new bike for Amanda again soon being on 120mm!
  13. Switch pivot has Enduro bearings now so no issues with sealing. I hear early models had some issues with the switch bearings but any MY12 onwards seem to be fine on Enduro bearings. I do love my Spesh, I've had them since the early 90's and always got on with them. Backup from Spesh is legendary so if anything goes wrong they just send you a new one. Would love a SC but I think the Yeti has it for now. Trying to get Amanda to let me go try one at ubyk in Oxford on Saturday morning And I cant believe you're riding clipless Mr AK, you're the one who told me I should be on flats all the time! I do find now I'm getting more into trail riding and less XC that I do prefer being on flats. Theres been a few times I've pushed it a bit hard and would have come a cropper on SPDs. I think I'm starting to get to the limits of the FSR too, the rear end doesnt feel as solid as it could, I'm hoping the Yeti with carbon and 12x142 will stiffen it up nicely. As for needing a bit of beef - you did see the DH World Chaps? Jared Graves took the Yeti to show the big boys what its all about! He did have 180mm forks on the front but still.
  14. So starting to get itchy feeling and quite fancy an upgrade. Given the lack of OEM parts on my Stumpy now, about 90% of components will chop over to a new frame, but think I'll need a new fork as well. Options thus far include: 1. Stumpjumper FSR EVO Carbon - nice little upgrade to mine but frames alone are fairly expensive given its only half carbon which means not really much of an update. Benefits would be 12x142 rear end, an updated shock, tapered HT (new forks) that's about it really. Would also have to run a mishmash bottom bracket to convert their PF30 to GXP. 2. Santa Cruz Bronson C - proper tarts bike as Mr AK would put it! Full carbon, but would require new wheels as its 650B. Would get the benefit of full carbon, new wheels, 12x142 rear end, new forks, no proprietary shock rubbish like Specialized and its a Santa Cruz! 3. Yeti SB66 Carbon - best of both perhaps? 26" wheels so no need to change them, but would require new forks. Benefits of full carbon, 12x142 rear end, tapered HT, new shock (again not proprietary. Lovely looking bike, will save at ~£400 over the SC (no new wheels) Cant decide. This is of course assuming Amanda signs it off Think I'm leaning towards the Yeti at the moment. Not least because Jared Graves smashed it on his at the DH World Champs!
  15. Chris`I

    stillen

    Thought I was going mad seeing that pic in the gallery, then realised it was yours! hah
×
×
  • Create New...