Jump to content

ddcboyle

Members
  • Posts

    1,714
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by ddcboyle

  1. Pressure wash it to death if you want. The vinyl wont lift unless its not stuck down properly. I.e if its starting to peel, the hose wont help. But if its flush and stuck down, it wont lift You need to leave it outside for roughly 5days for it to set in place before power hosing. Mostly labour cost. The vinyl itself is 40 for gloss, at a guess probably 70-80 for carbon. 300 for roof is quite expensive, but again a good garage with reputation will put prices up. Most will wrap a gloss black roof for 90ish. Carbon is a bit harder to work with to not stretch. They said 240 for gloss black on roof and quoted 2hours work.I did see some samples but i dont know if it was me being a perfectionist but i noticed overlaps on the window a pillars is that normal? or is it practically impossible to wrap a full car without lines? Thanks Saskhi Roof should be perfect. You take the door pillars off, tuck the vinyl there and place pillars back over for perfect finish. At the front, tuck it under the rubber seal, at the back it just dips down and covered by the boot. Shouldnt be any overlaps or creases for a roof. Even I dont have that on my car and it was d.i.y lol. Only part thats hard to cover up is the actual boot, as you cant tuck under the rubber seal of the glass. Edit: this is for a 350z. Not sure how a 370 matches up
  2. Looking at spraying my centre console, but only thing im unsure about is if it will crack. The centre console when removed is quite flexible. And trying to fix it back into place with the stereo wobbling it around, will it crack the paint?
  3. I personally like the bose, but thats because I didnt pay for it from new I am looking at upgrading for loud rock music. With addicted to base cd its great, bose sub seems pretty good. But nickleback, guitars arent too prominent. Lets see what your results are and I may follow the same route I dont wanna spend 200pound on a set of speakers if 50 will improve
  4. Well let us know the results and make us follow suit I never know if its worth upgrading speakers. People say things are better simply because they paid money, but ill wait for when thir fitted Need to start letting the forum rent your card
  5. Where would you get the voucher? Buying directly from?
  6. To be fair, I dont think telling chassis number would be much of a problem considering we all have bonnet up in car shows, showing the number. However, why would they need the chassis number?
  7. ddcboyle

    MOT time

    Get your wallet out Good luck mate
  8. things that brought mine down: Park on lit street instead of driveway ADding mum and dad on insurance putting excess up phoning up and haggling Going for 10months insurance but getting 1year ncb
  9. Pressure wash it to death if you want. The vinyl wont lift unless its not stuck down properly. I.e if its starting to peel, the hose wont help. But if its flush and stuck down, it wont lift You need to leave it outside for roughly 5days for it to set in place before power hosing. Mostly labour cost. The vinyl itself is 40 for gloss, at a guess probably 70-80 for carbon. 300 for roof is quite expensive, but again a good garage with reputation will put prices up. Most will wrap a gloss black roof for 90ish. Carbon is a bit harder to work with to not stretch.
  10. Ive never had an ossue with verds. It just feels like I should have 'a bit more' grip round a corner
  11. a big thing that determimes your quote is location you live. Central london is 4x price of living in a village in scotland
  12. I know alot of people are a bit iffy with what they say and dont say is on their car. But just got insurance renewed with elephant and checked cost for all indidual mods. Nismo replica bumper free to add, car fully wrapprd is free, and aftermarket exhaust/manifold free. I had to pay £14 previously but that was for the admin charge of adding it on whilst my insurance was already ongoing. Just a heads up for those who might panic about cost. Renewed with elephant. 24 years old, 12 months cover, 4years ncb protected, with all mods and mum, dad, gf fully comp, 70pound per month.alot cheaper than last year where it was 140 per month for me, mum dad and no ncb protection
  13. I had air filter that looked identical to that when I bought the car. The car would stall if I slowed down too fast, cutting out steering etc. So I went and bought new one. Not sure if the previous owner had a copy of your one, of it its the same manufacturer. But it felt and looked like halfrauds ripspeed
  14. Presuming yout spraying the door handles? Why didnt you remove them from the car?
  15. AM i reading this right you were getting 27 miles to a tank? Seems roughly right. How were u driving though? Not booting the car the whole way Does the cold fresh air make better mpg and power? Or is there no difference between alps and london in a car sense?
  16. Oh didnt realise repost .. fail
  17. Ouch!
  18. I think it looks mega well done
  19. is there a way to find out which one needs replaced? Or replace one, if it still persists,replace the other?
  20. you paid 320 for ur 4 wheels to get refurb. A garage quoted 200 for all 4 of my 18s. What could be the reason for It being cheaper? I dont believe higher value is always better, but 200 is a fair bit cheaper...
  21. Be good to see if tracker makes a difference for insurance. But cant see it being massive difference
  22. Well this doesnt really help me. But ill put a turkey next to my car and probably do a p3 faster than me
  23. Hey, ive tried searching for p3 guides, but just comes up with checklists to do etc. Is there a guide on here on how to do each part? I.e. oil change is easy enough, but guides on what parts your removing etc Thanks
  24. Ive not done many miles since last service, maybe 7 or 8k. But still been a long time :/ ill check oil pressure tomorrow, I might do oil change til I get p3 at end of the month. When I turn steering wheel 180degrees with clutch in while driving the oil light comes on jntil I straighten wheel. Not sure if that means anything. With the p3, am I able to do that myself, or is it too difficult? Got no money for p3 atm but I di need p1 just now I think
×
×
  • Create New...